What is Chiropractic? Chiropractic is a form of alternative medicine that focuses on proper alignment of the spine and extremities to reduce pain and restore well-being. The chiropractic physician is specifically trained to detect misalignments, poor posture and joints that are no longer functioning properly.
These misalignments can affect the central nervous system, therefore reducing the body’s state of well-being and negatively influence the body’s ability to heal itself. Chiropractors refer to this misalignment as “Subluxation.” Back pain, neck pain, headaches, leg pain or other related symptoms may be caused by these subluxations.
The correction of these subluxations is done by a quick, gentle force called an adjustment or manipulation. This is done either by hand or specialized devices and equipment. With a series of treatments the body may realign and the function of the central nervous system may be restored, allowing relief from pain, increased strength and a renewed self.
What Are The Benefits of Chiropractic?
Chiropractic care enhances the body’s own ability to:
• Heal itself, thus reducing symptoms of pain and discomfort
• Fight disease through optimal immune system function
• Heal injured tissue
• Reduce inflammation
• Keep energy levels high
• Achieve a heightened sense of health and well-being
What Conditions Does Chiropractic Treat?
• Back, neck, shoulder, knee and hip pain
• Headaches and Migraines
• Temporomandibular Joint disorders (TMJ)
• Carpal Tunnel
• Disc Herniation
• Spinal Stenosis
• Cold Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- a treatment that utilizes specific wavelengths of light to interact with tissue and helps accelerate the healing process. It can be used on patients who suffer from a variety of acute and chronic conditions in order to help eliminate pain, swelling, reduce spasms and increase functionality.
- generates high-frequency sound waves that are transferred to a specific body area via a round-headed probe. The sound waves travel deep into tissue (eg. muscles), creating gentle heat.
• Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS)
- also known as neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES), is the elicitation of muscle contraction using electric impulses for the purpose of muscle relaxation.
• Moist Heat, and Ice Therapy
- two of the most common types of passive, non-invasive therapy. Provides pain relief, increases circulation and reduces inflamation.
• Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT)
- quasi-static pressure is applied to soft tissue to stimulate stretch of chronically tight muscles.
• Manual / Myofascial Massage
- a gentle manipulation of the soft tissue and fascia to stimulate circulation and release adhesions.
• Kinesio Taping
- supports, enables or restricts soft tissue and its movement. By stretching and recoiling like a rubber band, Kinesio Tape augments tissue function and distributes loads away from inflamed or damaged muscles and tendons, thereby protecting tissues from further injury. Kinesio Taping helps speed recovery by microscopically ‘lifting the skin’. This lifting action creates small pockets of space that allows drainage to occur, reducing inflammation and promoting healing.
• Spinal Decompression Therapy
- is a sophisticated form of computerized traction. SDT produces a negative gravity at the disc level resulting in a suction-like or vacuum effect of the disc material, causing any that may be protruding outward to be pulled or sucked in away from the nerve. With SDT, patients are strapped onto a table facing upward or downward allowing the Chiropractor or therapist to decompress the disc using 54 different table positions that maximize the chances of the disc material returning to a normal position. Recommended SDT programs vary from patient to patient depending on the severity of disc problems. Candidates for SDT are first given the opportunity to experience the minimal constraints of the procedure prior to making any decisions on program continuation.
• Therapeutic Excercise
Selective Functional Muscular Therapy/Therapeutic Exercise is specific exercises that enable a patient to restore movement patterns and enhance athletic performance.
Monday: 9:00 to 1:00 pm; 3:00 to 7:30 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 to 1:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 to 1:00 pm; 3:00 to 7:00 pm
Thursday: 3:30 to 7:30 pm
Friday: 9:00 to 1:00 pm; 3:00 to 7:00 pm
12 Goffle rd, Midland park, nj 07432
Copyright 2016 NUZZI CHIROPRACTIC Family & Sports Center, LLC. in Midland Park New Jersey All Rights Reserved